Thursday, January 17, 2013

Not My Real Life

I get home from work and I am so hungry and so tired and yet, as seriously as I take this, this is not my real life. My home is warm; the bills are paid; my car works; I have every kitchen tool and device known to man; my kids are healthy. I am merely experimenting.

Meals: Day 14
Breakfast: Coffee with milk; cottage cheese, orange
Lunch: Tomato Soup
Dinner: Turkey burger, Romaine with Chickpeas and Garlicky Dressing; Roasted Carrots with Curry
Snack: Orange

Roasted Carrots with Curry
4 carrots, scrubbed clean and cut into chunks
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons curry powder (sweet or hot) 
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
Kosher salt


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Put everything on a baking sheet and mix well. Transfer To the oven and bake until browned, about. 25 minutes.


These were great but next time I would probably skip the dried basil.
Instead I would use some of my SNAP money to buy a basil
plant and keep fresh basil on hand, a less expensive and
more delicious alternative. And then I would add it at the end.

Tomorrow, I start using Bounty Bucks and I am besides myself with excitement. To recap, Bounty Bucks "provides farmers' market with EBT terminals (like a food stamp ATM) and promotes the use of SNAP benefits by providing a dollar-for-dollar matching incentive for all SNAP purchases up to $10." Bounty Bucks is MA based but there are many programs/versions across the county, one of which is Wholesome Wave

No comments:

Post a Comment