Monday, January 21, 2013

How to Eat a Grapefruit

The grapefruits are just a little bit larger than oranges and my preference is to eat them the same way: by peeling and eating in segments. 


How to Peel a Grapefruit: 

This is really really hard to describe: take a look at this wacky video. Until discovering this video, I have always used my thumb instead of a knife (I would dig my thumbnail into the top of the grapefruit, just outside where the stem would be and circle around it until I could pull up the part that is sort of hollow and spongy). Anyway, in the video she peels an orange and uses a knife but it's basically the same concept.  When you are done, remove the pith (the white part) and then eat in segments.


Impress your friends and co-workers!  Seriously, kids are always mesmerized when I do this. 

The smell of the grapefruit is intoxicating.  
Plus the whole process (peeling, pithing and eating) is kind of Zen-like and takes 40 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment