Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Best Ever Caesar Salad Dressing

I've been making Caesar Salads on a regular basis for years, constantly tweaking the dressing. If you've been reading this blog you probably know I think everything needs lemon, lemon and more lemon. While I was making the dressing last week, I wondered: why not add lemon zest to get more lemon flavor? and as I peeled the skin, wondered: why not get rid of the pith (the white part) and the seeds and throw the whole thing in?? So I did.


I didn't write it down but as soon as I run out of the best-ever- version, will make it again and share the recipe. In the meantime, I have to say that the whole lemon added bulk, which thickened the dressing but also added more lemon flavor, without additional acidity.

I made a salad of romaine lettuce, cauliflower, smoked turkey and Parmesan cheese. Yum. I can't wait for the spring and endless salad making. 

No comments:

Post a Comment