Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sick of This

I am really sick of keeping track of everything I buy, sick of keeping and totaling the receipts, sick of pinching pennies, sick of taking pictures that don't look very good. And yet, I am not the least bit sick of cooking and coming up with recipes. I like that part.
I am the sort of person who doesn't turn in business receipts for reimbursement and up to now, my SNAP behavior has been completely in opposition to my natural self. But I've now started getting sloppy about keeping them in one place, keeping them at all, writing them down (guess I am reverting to what comes easily). 
And when I start to feel "enough already, I've proved my point" 
I start to feel that people on SNAP are sick of it too. 

Maybe sick and tired of different things than I am but sick and tired nevertheless.

On the other hand, I have a feeling that my shopping habits have changed forever. I now pay attention to price and am really good about cooking what I have on hand: I don't throw anything out. I don't buy cauliflower when it's $4.99. In the past, I didn't notice. Now I wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment